Know My Pain (•••, Tempesta ••)Edit
- Action: Full turn and resisted
- Dice pool: Resolve + Intimidation - target’s Composure
- Cost: 2 Wisps
- Duration: 1 scene
There are those who would tell you that pain is bad, and to be avoided at all costs. They are weak. Pain is a tool, just like any other. It is not only useful, but even necessary, to use it against those who would try to stop you.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble gives pain only to herself. For the rest of the scene she suffers a -1 penalty to all her actions.
- Failure: The target ignores the Noble’s pain.
- Success: The target takes levels of the Phantom Damage Tilt, equal to the number of boxes with damage of any type on the Noble’s Health track or his unmarked Health boxes, whichever is less.
- Exceptional Success: Phantom damage from the Charm seems lethal; the target is incapacitated automatically if the last box of his Health track is filled with phantom damage.
A part of the injury the Noble suffers from her target returns to him. Whenever a target of the Charm damages the Princess further, she may spend a Wisp reflexively to inflict 1 damage on that target, of the same type as what he inflicted. Unlike the initial damage, this is fully real, and remains after the Charm ends.
- Requires Tempesta •••
- Modified by Commonality
- Cost: +1 Wisp
The Noble may use Know My Pain on members of an organization, applying the Commonalty modifier; every member takes phantom damage. The member with the highest Composure resists for the whole group.
Any evidence of damage the Noble has taken is concealed. She appears to be totally uninjured to mundane examination, and magical diagnosis triggers a Clash of Wills. This does not affect her actual state of health - she still suffers wound penalties if she takes enough damage. Moreover, if she loses a body part, the Charm doesn’t appear to restore it; it only makes the loss seem like an old, fully healed wound.