Look Into the Future (•••)Edit
- Action: Extended, 1 minute/roll, threshold = target’s Willpower
- Dice pool: Presence + Persuasion
- Cost: 3 Wisps, 1 Willpower
- Duration: indefinite
- Tell me what you see. I really need to know now, is there a place for me?
The Noble delivers a stirring performance about the future she wants to build, and her audience’s place in it. Through her art she inspires people to help build that future.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble shakes her confidence in her goals. She takes the Doubting Condition.
- Failure: The Noble blunders while performing. She may either abandon the Charm, or accept a Condition and continue.
- Success: When the Noble reaches the threshold, the target gains a fourth Aspiration, in addition to the three he already has. (A PC has the option of accepting or refusing the new Aspiration.) The Aspiration must reflect the goals of the Noble, as explained during her performance, and should also reflect the target’s abilities; the players of the Princess and the target should work together to choose an appropriate Aspiration.
- Exceptional Success: The Noble may reduce the threshold or interval, or give the target calm and firm purpose; he gains the Steadfast Condition [CofD 291].
The Aspiration created by this Charm lasts until it is fulfilled, or the target chooses to abandon it. Under no circumstances can anyone gain more than one Aspiration at a time from Look Into the Future.
- Modified by Commonalty
- Cost: +1 Wisp
The Noble may use the Charm on members of an organization that can see or hear her, applying the Commonalty modifier. The threshold is the highest Willpower among those affected. Different members need not gain the same Aspiration.