Love's Beacon (Learn ••, Fuoco •)Edit
- Action: Instant and resisted
- Dice pool: Intelligence + Empathy - target’s Resolve
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: lasting
True love illuminates the beloved. The Noble examines a person near her to learn something of the people he most cares for. The Charm’s target must be a person close enough for the Noble to speak to.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble takes the Misled Condition. The Storyteller describes a vision that gives a quite wrong idea of the target’s affections, and the Noble believes the vision. Further uses of the Charm on the target won’t clear up the Condition - the Noble must discover her mistake by other methods. She may not use the Charm on this target for the rest of the scene.
- Failure: The Noble learns nothing of her target. She may not use the Charm on this target for the rest of the scene.
- Success: The Noble gains flashes of insight into her target’s loves. The Storyteller must answer one question about the following subjects truthfully for each activation success:
- The name or description of one person the target loves
- The nature of the target’s love - marital, romantic, familial, comradely, etc.
- How the beloved feels about the target, to the best of his knowledge
- Where the beloved is most likely to be, again to the target’s knowledge
- One of the target’s Aspirations (or equivalent traits)
- The Noble may ask questions about more than one person in a single activation. She may use the Charm on this target again, but later activations during the scene take a cumulative -1 penalty.
- Exceptional Success: The Noble gains considerable insight into her target’s loves.
- Requires Fuoco ••
The Fuoco Invocation is brightest in people’s loves, but the fire prized by the Queen Errant burns in more than the bonds of affection. The Noble may look for insight into the target’s character and abilities, so far as these resonate with the Fuoco Invocation or the credo of the Queen of Swords. Add the following to the list of subjects the Noble may ask about.
- The target’s Virtue
- The target’s current Willpower
- The target’s Intelligence, Strength or Presence
- A Skill or specialty that helps the target live heroically or adventurously: Athletics, Brawl, Drive, Weaponry, Expression or Persuasion, or one appropriate specialty of any Skill
- A Merit that helps the target live heroically or adventurously, or persuade others to do so (e.g. Inspiring)