Mirror Walk (••••, Specchio ••)Edit
- Action: Instant
- Dice pool: Dexterity + Athletics, modified by Sympathy
- Cost: 3 Wisps
- Duration: lasting
A simple trick but a very useful one. The Noble targets two mirrors before stepping into one and out the other. Both mirrors must be large enough for her to fit through. Sympathy is measured to the mirror she will step out of.
The Charm cannot cross between realms. This may not be used to gain either egress or entrance to Alhambra, nor may it be used to exit or leave the hisil of the shapeshifters, the twisted thorn-world of the fae-folk, or any other such hidden place. However, should a Noble find herself in any of these alternate worlds, it may be used for transit within them.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble enters the mirror, but gets lost. She rolls Wits + Composure each turn after using the Charm; when she succeeds, she emerges from the mirror she left.
- Failure: Nothing happens.
- Success: The Noble transports herself to the target mirror.
- Exceptional Success: When the Noble emerges, she may immediately move up to her Speed, even if she had to move to reach the mirror she left.
- Cost: +1 Wisp per additional person
The Noble can now lead others through mirrors. Each extra person or 5 Size points of equipment costs an additional Wisp.
- Requires Specchio •••
- Cost: +1 Willpower
The Noble can use a sympathetic connection to a person, place or object to find a mirror near them, then step out of that mirror, applying the Sympathy modifier for the connection. She arrives at the nearest mirror to the target that’s large enough to pass through, if there is one within (Inner Light x50) yards; if there isn’t the Charm fails.
- Requires Specchio ••••
Everything within a Tainted area gains a double in the Dark World, if it’s left in place long enough; in one sense, the Dark World is itself a mirror. A mistress of the magic of reflections can find mirrors inside that world-spanning mirror. If a mirror has been left within a Tainted area for at least a day, and is large enough to be a valid target for the Charm, the Noble may use it to pass to the equivalent point in the Tainted area’s image in the Dark World, or vice versa. The first activation of the Charm for this purpose on any given mirror takes a Sympathy penalty of Described, as the Noble has never seen the actual mirror she’s going to. The Charm will not take a Noble to or from any part of the Dark World but the image of the area the target mirror is in.