Questing Mind (••)Edit
- Action: Instant
- Dice pool: Intelligence + Investigation, modified by Sympathy
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: 1 scene or 1 day
Like a bird to its nest, the Noble finds her way unerringly to the object of her desire. The Charm may be used on anyone or anything the Noble has a sympathetic connection to.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble gets an entirely wrong idea of her target's location. Until the scene ends or she actually sees the target, she is convinced he is somewhere chosen by the Storyteller that is not where he really is.
- Success: For the rest of the scene, the Noble knows the direction and rough distance from herself to the target.
- Exceptional Success: The Noble retains her fix on the target's location for 1 full day.
- Cost: +1 Willpower
Instead of a direction and distance, the Noble learns a possible route to her target from where she is. The route she learns is the quickest available (which likely isn't the safest) and will update itself as the target's location and conditions along the way change, until the Charm ends. The Noble remembers the final route, but it can become invalid after the Charm ends.
When finding the target, the Noble also gets a moment's glimpse of him and his surroundings.
- Cost: +1 Wisp
The Noble can delay the Charm's activation until a described situation occurs, creating a Waiting Charm Condition on herself. The Noble's description must involve the target, and is limited to the physically measurable; for instance, "this person is wounded", "that object is taken from the building it’s kept in", or "this room is forcibly entered" would all work.
- Requires Passion's Light
The Noble may use Passion's Light on her target until the Charm ends to perceive emotional states near him (or it) or probe his aura. If she applies Watchful, her description can include the emotions of the target or people near him. She may not use Passion’s Light to read emotions or auras near herself and her target at the same time.