Scent of Irises (••, Legno •)Edit
- Action: Instant and resisted
- Dice pool: Intelligence + Empathy - target’s Composure
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: lasting
The Noble learns how much her target is at peace with himself, and what might disturb that peace, by examining him carefully. The Charm’s target must be a person close enough for the Noble to speak to.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble takes the Misled Condition. The Storyteller describes an act the target really has no objection to performing; the Noble believes the target will refuse to perform that act. Alternately, the act described can be one the target won’t do, in which case the Noble believes that he will. Further uses of the Charm on the target won’t clear up the Condition - the Noble must discover her mistake by other methods. She may not use the Charm on this target for the rest of the scene.
- Failure: The Noble learns nothing of her target. She may not use the Charm on this target for the rest of the scene.
- Success: The Noble gains flashes of insight into her target’s moral scruples. The Storyteller must answer one question about the following subjects truthfully for each activation success:
- The target’s Vice
- The target’s Integrity (or equivalent trait)
- One of the target’s breaking points
- The name or description of one person or thing which the target would risk bodily harm or moral degeneration to protect
The Noble may ask questions about more than one person in a single activation. She may use the Charm on this target again, but later activations during the scene take a cumulative -1 penalty.
- Exceptional Success: The Noble gains considerable insight into her target’s moral scruples.
Upgrade: Personal (Legno ••)Edit
The Legno Invocation blesses a calm mind, an enduring body, and communion with all living things. The Noble may look for insight into the target’s character and abilities, so far as these resonate with the Legno Invocation or the credo of the Queen of Clubs. Add the following to the list of subjects the Noble may ask about.
- The target’s Resolve, Stamina or Composure
- A Skill or specialty that helps the target live harmoniously in any situation: Crafts, Medicine, Survival, Animal Ken, Empathy or Socialize, or one appropriate specialty of any Skill
- A Merit representing physical health (any Physical Merit with a Stamina prerequisite) or mental stability (e.g. Common Sense, Meditative Mind)
- The name or description of one animal the target cares for