Such a Lonely Word (Inspire •••, Acqua ••)Edit
- Action: Instant
- Dice pool: Intelligence + Expression
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: 1 scene
- But I don't want some pretty face / To tell me pretty lies / All I want is someone to believe
A student of Acqua must tell the truth, but mere honesty doesn't convince everyone. The Noble can clothe the truths she speaks with magic that makes her honesty clear to all.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble achieves the opposite of her intent: those who hear her assume she lies. She takes a -2 penalty on Social rolls to communicate or persuade people for the rest of the scene, and may not use the Charm again until then.
- Failure: The Noble's words are as convincing as usual, no more and no less.
- Success: Until the Charm ends, no one who hears the Noble can question her sincerity. Any claim she makes will be taken in exactly the sense she intends to express, if a hearer can understand it at all, and the hearers will know beyond doubt that the Noble means every word of it. This can help the Noble open a Door in a social maneuver, or grant up to +2 dice on Social actions with people who might otherwise doubt her.
- Exceptional Success: The Noble's honesty makes people inclined to trust her generally. In addition to the normal effect, she has a +1 bonus on all Social dice pools until the Charm ends.
Drawback: If the Noble breaks Acqua's ban (that is, attempts to deceive anyone) the Charm ends immediately and the person she spoke to recognizes her deceit for what it is.