Unearth the Foundations (•••, Terra ••)Edit
- Action: Instant
- Dice pool: Composure + Empathy, modified by organization’s Commonalty
- Cost: 2 Wisps
- Duration: lasting
The Noble's social senses are so delicate that she can see how an organization is put together just by watching its members at work. When observing an organization's members who are engaged in one of its projects, or when talking to members about their organization, the Noble may activate the Charm.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble takes the Misled Condition. The Storyteller describes a trait (among those the Charm can detect) the organization does not really possess; the Noble will believe the organization has that trait. Further uses of the Charm on the organization won't reveal anything that refutes this false belief - the Noble must discover her mistake by other methods. She may not use the Charm on the organization for the rest of the scene.
- Failure: The Noble learns nothing of the organization. She may not use the Charm on it for the rest of the scene.
- Success: The Noble gains flashes of insight into the organization's structure and capabilities. The Storyteller must answer one question about the following subjects truthfully for each activation success:
- One of the organization's Attributes
- The organization's Standing
- One of the organization's Merits
- A person with acknowledged authority or significant influence over the organization as a whole, e.g. 4+ dots in Allies, Mystery Cult Initiation or Status in that organization
- The Noble may use the Charm on the organization again, but later activations during the same day take a cumulative -1 penalty. The Charm reveals the traits most relevant to the members the Noble is observing or speaking to first, so the Storyteller may refuse to give answers that aren't related to them before the facts about them are all disclosed.
- Exceptional Success: The Noble learns enough about the organization to plan a perfect approach. In her next social maneuver against it, she improves her impression level by one step.
Upgrade: Private (Terra •••)Edit
The Noble can discover the organization’s current plans, its general mindset and its current troubles and weaknesses. Add the following to the list of subjects the Noble may ask about.
- One of the organization's Aspirations
- The organization’s Vice or Virtue
- The organization’s Morale and the current level of damage to it
- One of the Conditions currently on the organization