Words on Water Writ (Appear •••, Acqua ••)Edit
- Action: Instant
- Dice pool: Resolve + Expression
- Cost: 2 Wisps
- Duration: 1 day or 1 week
By meditating over an object she touches, the Noble inscribes a portion of her memories into it. She may choose to record either one scene or one hour, and must succeed on an Intelligence + Composure roll to recall the scene correctly.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble immediately forgets the memories she tried to record, taking the Amnesia Condition. [CofD 288]
- Failure: No memories are inscribed.
- Success: For a full day, anyone who touches the target object remembers what the Noble experienced during the time she recorded from her point of view. The memory is perfect while the person keeps contact, but will fade normally when he releases it. Traces of the memory remain even after the Charm ends, but require the Psychometry Merit [CofD 58-59] or similar supernatural powers to recover. A second use of the Charm on the same object overwrites the previous memory or its traces.
Alternately, the Noble may set the memory to be remembered only by a specific person. If she does so, anyone other than the person she designates, or herself, who touches the object notices nothing. Supernatural powers face a Clash of Wills to read her experiences or detect their existence.
- Exceptional Success: The recorded memory remains clear for a full week.
- Modified by Sympathy
The Noble may send her memories to objects she cherishes from afar, applying the Sympathy modifier.
- Requires Acqua •••
- Cost: +1 Willpower
- Duration: indefinite
By spending a point of Willpower, the Noble makes her recorded memory last until the object is destroyed.