Zone of Truth (••••, Terra •••)Edit
- Action: Instant
- Dice pool: Presence + Investigation
- Cost: 2 Wisps, 1 Willpower
- Duration: 1 scene
The Noble enchants her immediate area, making deception impossible. This Charm affects an area with a radius of Inner Light x 10 feet.
- Dramatic Failure: The Charm affects only the Noble herself; until the scene ends, she answers questions as if she’d gained an exceptional success.
- Failure: Everyone in the affected area can say what they wish, regardless of its truth.
- Success: Anyone in the affected area with a Composure less than or equal to the number of successes rolled - including the Noble - find themselves incapable of knowingly saying a falsehood (lying) or making statements without knowledge of or regard for the truth (bullshitting) for the rest of the scene. Affected individuals are unaware magic has been used on them, unless they have some ability that allows them to detect it; someone trying to tell a lie or bullshit finds themselves blurting out the truth or “I don’t know” instead, though after a few times they’ll probably realize something’s wrong with them and clam up.
- Exceptional Success: All affected individuals must roll Resolve + Composure when asked a question, and will answer it truthfully if they fail - they can’t remain silent. The Charm will not prevent someone from making statements they erroneously believe to be true, or statements that are technically true but misleading.